Friday, January 30, 2015

So Many Things...

Been a bit since I posted anything, and so much has happened! I'll try to post every couple of days or so and get caught up... but where to start?
Okay, Let's start with this....

I'm attending Star Wars Celebration VII in Anaheim!!!

I had plans to go from the beginning, and even ordered my ticket for the full four-day event, taking place April 16-19, 2015 in Anaheim, California. But I suffered a job loss, was plagued by various major financial issues, etc., so I had already resigned myself to the fact that I was going to have to give up on my hopes to attend; just couldn't afford hotel, plane tickets, and necessary expenses. My ticket was just going to have to go to waste or I'd have to sell it.

However, after sharing my situation with a fellow Rebel Legion member, he offered to let me bunk in the room he already had reserved with a couple of others, so now we get to split the room cost four ways. And my best buddy helped me to find an awesome deal on a plane ticket. And a last-minute Christmas gift from my mom clinched it... I was going to Anaheim!

So, for those readers saying, "Okay great... so what is Star Wars Celebration?"



Needless to say, "excited", "ecstatic", "stoked", "pumped"... these words are insufficient to explain my feelings. I have wanted to attend a Celebration event since the very first one held in Denver, CO in 1999; but they were always too far and too expensive to even consider. I'm very blessed to finally be in a place in my life (and have such wonderful people in my life) where this can finally happen.

There will be a HUGE presence from the major Star Wars costuming groups, such as the Rebel Legion, The 501st Legion, and The Mandalorian Mercs. At the time of this post, there are over 70 members of the Rebel Legion attending. I will be bringing my Jedi costume (of course), and am madly working to finish a new X-Wing pilot costume before the event. I'll post pics of that once it's completed.

So, if you're going lemme know! I want to meet as many fellow Star Wars fanatics as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment